DoubleOMsome is a Kenyan Coast musician, prolific lyricist, film maker & script writer who’s been rapping “for his mama on a stair” and raving audiences since childhood. Hit hard by personal challenges intrinsic to life in the ghettos of East Africa including homelessness and being ostracized, he still never gave up to pursue his dream of and immense talent for AfroSoulRap, a genre exclusively developed by and unique to him. Effortlessly emerging from complex evolutionary processes and the vastness of his soul, DoubleOMsome’s content is rich in metaphoric rhymes and nuances, reflecting the intricate lattice structure and his deeper understanding of the coastal Swahili language.
Meaning of my name
– DoubleO – Oluoch ( Dawn ) | Otieno ( Night ). Born from Kenyan luo River lake nilote.
– OM – ( Aum ). An ancient Sanskrit chant representing a divine presence that is, has been and forever with be.
– Some – ( Some One Mystic Existing )
The nature of my unpredictable existence through artistic expressions from my ancient soul in this new age physical body. Read more about my artist name
What I Stand For/Values
– Purposeful Creativity
– Conscious Awakening Music
– Wake up to the truth of you
– Discover and follow the art within your heart
– Be the positive change through your gifts towards humanity
– Never give up in whatever you start at all cost
– Allow open mindedness for you to see the truth beyond everything that is going on in our universe and be able to find your way to rediscover your path back to origins of humanity as intended by your higher creator
What I do
• AfroSoulRAP Music/Spoken Word